Portraits of Professional CAREgivers: Their Passion. Their Pain is a documentary film which takes us on a journey into a world the public has not seen. The film depicts the dramatic emotional costs experienced by professional providers such as nurses, social workers, clinical psychologists, doctors, firefighters, first responders who rescue, assist, and when possible heal the injured and traumatized. Through dramatic stories, CAREGIVERS film
We ask the question: How is the professional care provider affected emotionally and physically, and who helps him or her?! The audience will discover that engaged empathic caregiving can sometimes be an occupational hazard; we explore the painful and human sides of these professions and the professionals’ response to trauma known as Compassion Fatigue or Secondary Traumatic Stress. We also recognize the profound meaning caregivers may experience, sometimes referred to compassion satisfaction and ways of coping and recovering from toxic stress in the workplace.
Vic Compher, Producer and Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The institutional prices for the various DVD’s that are available are:
• Full Feature (74 minutes) @ $250.00 for circulation and use within the institution only
• Full Feature (74 minutes) @ $350.00 for circulation and use with the institution and with public invited for free (no sale of tickets or donations from public permitted)
• Broadcast Version (56 minutes) @ $250.00 for circulation and use within the institution only
• Broadcast Version (56 minutes) @ $350.00 for circulation and use with the institution and with public invited for free (no sale of tickets or donations from public permitted)
Shorts: (each short is approximately 20 minutes)
• Caregivers: Workshop Version @ $75.00
• Caregivers: Hospice Portraits @ $75.00
• Caregivers: Working with Involuntary Clients (for child protective agencies) @ $75.00
Handling Fee: $10.00
Please contact email@example.com to schedule screenings.
To organize a workshop please review our workshop page: Workshop